View Single Post
Old
01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
littlesthobo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
He is not in their leauge. He is better than them. Sedin, Kovalev, Jokinen and Elias never put up the numbers Hemsky is now when they were 25. I agree that him and Semin are in the same boat, but it is not with those other guys.

Boat 1, Generational Talents: Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin. Guys who score 100+ Points right off the bat after entering the league. 110+ Points should be a consistent trademark in their careers.

Boat 2, Superstar talents: Thornton,Iginla,Lecavalier,Kovalchuk,Zetterberg, Heatley,Datsyuk,Zetterberg. Guys who took a few years to get there, but now they're there. A minimum 90-100 Point players.

Boat 3: All-Star talents: M. Richards, Carter, Gaborik, Hemsky, Kane, Toews, Gagne, Vanek, Nash, Semin, Krejci, Marleau, Jokinen. Guys who either have the potential to be superstars, or guys who will always be in the class below. Guys that can score 80-90points right now/ 40 goals.

Then there is everybody else. Spezza,Alfredsson, St. Louis, Hossa, B. Richards all come in between both All-Stars and Superstars. They can be considered borderline elite.

So is it safe to say you put Spezza, Alfie, St. Louis and company in Boat 2.5?
Also, you specify that Jokinen is not in the same boat as Hemsky, yet you put both of them in boat number 3?
Elias, and Sedin are stretching it yes but at the same age Hemsky is they were putting up similiar or better numbers, but I'd say Jokinen and Semin definitely in the same boat, or around there.

To stay on topic, and using the "boat" logic, I would say Hemsky has potential for boat 2.5, if there was a rating system for it, but I think boat 2 would be stretching it.

Last edited by littlesthobo: 01-23-2009 at 04:36 PM.
littlesthobo is offline   Reply With Quote