View Single Post
Old
01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
smacklby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I feel the same way. The team was on a tear before he came back...and although they still are playing good hockey...they have times where they just cant get the puck out of the zone...and jones is usually on the ice. That wasnt a problem when sbisa was playing.
maybe its just that i expect better results from a player earing his salary and less from a rookie. Jones is +1 in his 14 games, Sbisa -4 in 38 games.

It is not Jones's offense which concerns me, although his offense has not been anything spectacular, nor anything like last season, for that matter..... but, it is Jones getting caught pinching on offense and then he does NOT have the speed to get back on defense, and he is still undersized for his size and he's always been a liability around the crease, imho..... he doesnt have the size to out-muscle too many forwards and he's no where near smart like Timonen, in gaining position on forwards around the crease and keeping and clearing the puck out of it....

but, if we are comparing Jones with Sbisa, i think Jones is the better player, right now, and i dont think Jones is back to form yet.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote