Thread: Value of: Toronto's Available Players
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Kaberle - I can see Hanzal as the main piece but that's pretty much the "peak" of the quality of prospect that you're getting - a guy who looks like he'll be destined for the second line. Adding another one like Parent or Grabner is wishful thinking if you've got Hodgson or JVR.

Kubina - That's reasonable. Carolina might not be inclined to give Sutter up just yet, though.

Antropov - Way too much. He'll probably get a first and a mid level prospect. That's the most I can see a team offering for him. He should be packaged with Kaberle or Kubina.

Poni - a 2nd and maybe something small at most, if a team gives up a first for him I'll be surprised.

Toskala - He's not better than Huet or Biron at the deadline. A 2nd round pick is the going price and that's probably what he'll land, but I don't know if there are any teams who need him.
Well, your response indicates critique based on value. I don't necessarily disagree with you in that regard. However, my point was that values are often skewed in actual trade situations (especially when adding players for playoff runs) because that is what it takes to make it happen. If both teams think a given trade is merely a, "wash", they simply have no reason to do it. Accordingly, if Kaberle is moved, which move I would be at least somewhat surprised by, he, in my opinion, will command the previously mentioned return - otherwise, Burke simply would have no reason to do it.

Baldo Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote