Old
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think so.
I think he was called up now to see because there's 2months left before deadline. BG wants to see if O'Byrne will be able to step it up and help our D, otherwise he'll be forced to get a Dman.
That's my opinion..

I don't think people are truly shopping around just yet. Maybe inquiring about players possibly being involved in a trade, but not as far as showcasing some players.
Maybe I'm wrong though..
I agree with this. I don't think Gainey will "showcase" anyone. NHL scouts are pretty aware of players these days and so far the Habs have been very patienet with their prospects - not unless something is imminent will there be reason to wonder and by that time it will be too late.

The only constant is.... our GM never telegraphs his moves. I think he's still going to seek out that experienced rental D-man but somehow I'll be surprised if O'Byrne goes the other way. Weber is not ready, Carle nope, PK Subban & McD still a road ahead.... O'B is the only short-term available guy (for next year, say) - and I'm sure the team's direction is focused on more than 1 Cup run.... more like 3 or 4 in a row.

Glad to see Ryan back, I'll bet he's loaded for bear !

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote