View Single Post
Old
01-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
That would be impossible. Vancouver Cannot fan is casual. He wasn't there too much when the team sucked. Now, he's there because it's the in thing. Vancouver is not reference in hockey.
Exactly. It would be impossible for any other team, literally. Why do we need such a theatrical love story to try and get one player if our team is THE reference in hockey?

The game has changed for the last few years. The league has changed, players have changed. Maybe it would be time to see what some other teams did to be successful recently. Instead of looking back all the time and wave the legendary franchise flag to solve all our problems.

The past is there, we are respected for our team's glorious history. I don't agree with everything Gainey has done as a GM, but I'm glad he didn't use this kind of tricks and looked for examples elsewhere. Put JC Lajoie in his seat and we are Montréal Lightning fans in 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
plus who would they cheer for louder? Price or Luongo?

Price would not be the missing link.
You know what I meant with this example. What seems logical for Montréal is impossible for other teams. That's basically the image we gave this weekend and this is sad.

Moen in Glory is offline   Reply With Quote