View Single Post
Old
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Voros offers a wider variety of options than Prucha, carries a lower set of expectations, has been known to match his offensive output and, most importantly, Renney gets what he asks and what he wants out of him when he puts him in. You can whine about the penalties all you want, but Renney said go out and play with an edge, and he did.

I'm not a proponent of seeing Voros in before Prucha, but the reasons why he is seem pretty clear to me.
Honestly I don't really feel like Voros offers that many more options. He's bigger than Prucha, but he's not really quite good enough to be a constant physical force out there. He maybe gets a good hit or so and then disappears. At least Prucha is effective on the forecheck, which Voros is not. At least Prucha is effective along the boards and playing a cycling game, which Voros is not. At least Prucha can pass the puck, which Voros can't. And in the end, Prucha ends up being just about as effective in front of the net as Voros because he has the hands to get to loose pucks instead of just hoping they deflect off of him.

I'm honestly pretty "meh" about using Voros unless he suddenly decides to show up like he did at the start of the season. He doesn't do much right out there.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote