View Single Post
Old
08-09-2004, 07:10 AM
dumpsathernow*

vCash: 500
"I agree with NYR469 on Tyutin's size. There's been several games where he's singlehandedly held off an opponent while stickhandling the puck along the boards. The kid's strength is deceptive.

Lampman and Moore don't need the bulk. They should work on their endurance and speed."

I believe both of these statements to be way off. Tyutin is nowhere near big or strong enough. I saw him get man handled by Philly trying to clear the crease. If you think a 20 year old kid on defense doesn't need to get bigger and stronger, you are kidding yourself.

Lampman and Moore both need to bulk up at least 15 to 20 pounds. Lampman 20 pounds for sure. He isn't even close to being big and strong enough to play defense in the NHL. He couldn't move anybody in front of the net.

Don't know what will happen if Lundmark bulks up. I'm not sure Jamie will score a ton of goals based on speed. He doesn't have incredible offensive skills. The one thing he does have is a very good shot. Perhaps it will benefit him to get stronger and start fighting for goals coming out of the corners and from in front.