Thread: Petr Prucha
View Single Post
Old
08-09-2004, 08:38 AM
NYR469

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
Now my big question is do you think WITHOUT the CBA problem we would have more of prospects signing deals?

Jan Marek, Henrik Lundqvist, Petr Prucha, Jarko Immonen? And there's more, maybe even Montoya
some guys might be signed due to the lockout...i think there is added interest in getting jessiman to hartford this year since he'll be able to play with balej and other future rangers that otherwise would be in ny...

but that doesn't apply to any of the guys that you mentioned...

montoya already decided he is staying at michigan...and none of the europeans will be signed this summer. a big reason for that is that there is no deal with the IIHF making it tougher to sign european players, not to mention that those guys don't want two-way deals and (most importantly) considering that many nhlers will be playing in europe those guys will benefit more from 1 more year in europe more than they would from a year in the ahl...

with those 4 i think it is actually the opposite and if there wasn't going to be a lockout they would have been signed...but instead now i think we'll be looking at them signing next summer