View Single Post
Old
01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Maybe I should avoid the board for a bit.

I could practically compose the panicked overreactions, the melodramatic wails of doom, and the whipping of the current media bandwagon of this-team-needs-more-grit(-even-if-it-makes-it-worse).

Bad games happen, people. Sometimes even bad stretches. Especially on the road with players coming back from injury.

Unlike the Bruins, the Habs don't have enough miracles to escape them all.
Yes but I'm more worried about long term and I see no signs we're going anywhere more than last year. Sure, Philly lost 10 straight last year but went to the ECF. Ok, but we don't have their level of fortitude up front. No gamebreakers. That's supposed to be Kovy but he's nowhere near as effective as Richards or Carter and hell even Umberger was a superstar against us. The Hab team isn't built well for playoff success and we can see it in games where we're manhandled by teams like the Lightning or Hurricanes. The Habs will likely snap out of the funk but to expect them to go on the same tear as last year? Well teams are ready for them now.

They know to get their game up and to play harder when we're the opponent. We haven't adjusted though. The Habs aren't the unknown element anymore and everyone knows it. 100-105 pts. can be achieved by finishing with at least a record of 5 games over .500 in our last 35 games. 9 games above to match last season. But that's easier said than done since what should be wins on paper usually turn out losses and in regulation too (7 losses to the SE of our overall 14!!!).