Old
01-28-2009, 08:41 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Interesting tidbit about Gomez

Per Sam's blog: http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2009/0...all-after-all/
Quote:
Because while a bunch of Rangers dispersed for points south—some to Florida, some to Cancun, others to Jamaica—Gomez opted for the lovely confines of the Rangers practice facility in Greenburgh. I hear it’s beautiful this time of year.

“He stayed back in New York and trained really hard. I know he came to the rink every day and lifted weights and got on the ice,” said goaltender Stephen Valiquette. “He was the one guy who used our break to focus on getting stronger for the second half of the year. I know he’s going to be outstanding the rest of the way.”
No doubt he's got a long way to go to justify that contract, but certainly the game he's showed in the last two contests has been much more representative of what we all (particularly those of us who were in favor of the signing two years ago) hoped to see. And news like the above indicates that he's aware of and takes seriously the fact that he's been a severe disappointment (particularly this year). Are we perhaps in for better things from Second Half Scott? Keep it up, Gomer.

(At the very least make yourself a tradeable asset.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote