View Single Post
Old
01-28-2009, 11:04 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Well, what if his plan was the put the 1st line out there after 30 seconds of the fourth line? What if they then go out and score? What if it's because the fourth line got the puck deep and worked it around?

Again, I don't think Renney really puts them out there with the idea that they need to go play defense and not let in a goal.

But a lot of this also comes down to how you feel about the fourth line. I'm fairly ambivalent about them in general...Betts and Sjostrom are good, solid players. Orr I can do without but I understand why Renney plays him so that the lineup has someone who can do some fighting. Most of the time the line does their job, so it's no big deal.

So, eh, yeah it's probably not as aggressive a strategy as it could be, but I don't think Renney is the only one in the league who does this (heck, sometimes other teams put out their fourth line after they get scored on, in an attempt to wake up their team or something).

And to the person who said the fourth line shouldn't get a regular shift, I don't think many teams in the NHL only play 3 lines these days Seems like everyone plays 4 lines for the most part. Playing 3 lines is a good way to wear out your best players too.
Not if the extra minutes go to the 2nd and 3rd lines.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote