View Single Post
Old
01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Cams

vCash: 500
price point vs. higher end

How much difference is there in regards to the higher priced (higher end) OPS (one piece stick), as opposed to the very affordable lower line ones? Where are the most noticeable differences? eg. I went to check out National Sport clearance sale. Apparently they had Easton stealth (reg $250 on for $99) as pro over runs. All gone of course by yesterday. The salesman tried to push a $40 ops on me instead. I play regularily, plus help run kids practices, and love the OPS. The one I have is a CCM V110 and is too stiff for me, not sure what flex it is, not marked.

I want to try to find a good quality ops that isn't gonna me cost me $300 (Easton S-17 are $279.00!!!!, and hear there are blade issues). Some parameters I prefer - good whip, probably an 85 flex for Easton, absolutely love the Drury pattern, and obviously light weight. Will likely have to cut, but not necessarily.

Any suggestions???? I usually spend an hour or more trying to find the perfect stick..... Or should I just watch the coupon thread for deals, or look for sales at my LHS.

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote