View Single Post
Old
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

vCash: 500
Team's struggles...

1) I have noticed against the weaker teams we have lesser intensity...perhaps too much confidence and we take our foot off the gas pedal...we need to sustain the tempo for 60 mins...all too often we are playing catch up hockey in the 3rd period with weaker teams...reminds me of 06/07 all over again.

2)Certain players are not in good form. Plekanec and Price are not performing anywhere near the level that we would want them to be...

3)Very juvenile penalties. Why oh why in the NEW NHL are we still getting hooking penalties...The biggest perpetrators (off the top of my head) in recent times is Lang and Hamirlk. Keep your stick on the ice...pokecheck but never put it horizontal with the ice when trying to recuperate a puck or put another player off his game. Koivu learned his lesson, he no longer is guilty of this perpetually annoying infringement. Why can't the rest of the team align with this new found Koivu-esque discipline...This is the new NHL no room for hooking, you will get caught most of the time.

That is it for now...just my thoughts...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote