Thread: News Article: Interesting tidbit about Gomez
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
This is the same thing you get from Gomez every season. He's having the same year he always has. And only once in nine seasons has that been even close to being worth what he is being paid. No offense to Gomez, but it is going to take more than one or two games from him to make up for 40 other games. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't think he was particularly good very often last season, either.

Hell, I thought Callahan and Naslund both had stronger games than he did last night, too. Korpikoski is who made that entire first goal. He made the defensive play and he capitalized where Gomez could not. That was a nice shot he scored on, no doubt, (though the pass by Naslund was even better), but that doesn't do much to change the fact that he leads the team in shots yet has one of the worst shooting percentages in the league.

He's always been like this. He's always been a "second half" player. That tells me that he just doesn't give enough of a **** to really start working hard as much as everyone else is until sometime in January.

Great guy to build your team around. Real efficient business plan. Give the most money to the guy who only tries half the time.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote