Thread: News Article: Interesting tidbit about Gomez
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
I think It's time too look around and see what else we have besides Gomez to blame. I'm not going to blame Gomez or Zherdev for our offensive woes. But I expected more and I hope to see more out of the call up's from Hartford.

In the beginning of the season it really looked like we found a good one two punch with Dubinsky and Voros. Well that fell apart. We keep giving Prucha chances but he has a lot of work to do to be considered a sniper. Ditto with Dawes. He and Prucha have combined for 11 goals. Korpikoski, our first round draft choice rookie from Finland has netted 3 goals.

And Callahan who I like and plays well in all facets of the game, still, has only tallied 12 goals.

Basically, I was hoping one or two guys from Hartford would step up and have scored at least between 15 and 20 goals at this point in the season.

I know I make a lot of comparisons and this comparison is between Gomez and Stockton who used to play point guard for Utah. He would pass and Malone would score. We have a Stockton. We need a Malone.

But I think we should mix it up again with the lines. Nothing drastic. But I like Sjostrom's speed and his ability to make things happen around the net and he can handle the puck and fore check. So I was thinking about surrounding Drury with more speed. The only thing this calls for, is a call up from Hartford. So my suggestion is to go back to the playstation line. Like this:
Lw C Rw
Voros Dubinsky Zherdev
Naslund Gomez Callahan
Korpikoski Drury Sjostrom
? (not Prucha) Betts Orr

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote