Thread: Value of: Hal Gill at the deadline
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
They don't have a lot of defensive defencemen though. I'd be a bit surprised if he got dealt because of that.
Well there is Orpik, Scuderi and Eaton on top of Gill for defensive defensemen and Letang isn't that bad defensively as well. The team is going to try to look to get something in return for one of those guys and I would put Eaton ahead of Gill in terms of guys I would want to see Shero trade.

As for Whitney...screw the "sources" that think he is going to get moved. Ray Shero doesn't give the media anything so the sources are outside of Pittsburgh, they are just trying to drum up some rumors to spice up the deadline that is approaching and the fact that the Pens are in a playoff race. The Pens would probably move Goligoski before they move Whitney who has proven he can be a solid pp qb when healthy and he is under contract for a very good price long term.

As for Gill, he's probably worth a 4th rounder, but at the deadline if a team is desperate enough to bolster their depth on defense, he could go for a 2nd or 3rd rounder which wouldn't be too bad. If Shero can get a 3rd and a 4th, even better, he can take more risk picks in the later part of the draft.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote