Thread: Value of: Dominic Moore
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
In the past he had a career high of 18 points, and now he is on pace for just shy of 50.
How does that disprove my point? Toronto will get next to nothing for Moore if they trade him.

Name me one playoff team where Moore would play in the top-6? You won't find one.

That means, ANY team is traded to, he will be pushed into the bottom-6 automatically. And Moore is terrible for the bottom-6. He is too soft and to weak in the corners and front of the net.

No team is going to want to put Moore on their 3rd line, thereby matching him up against the 1st line forwards in the league. He's had to do that in his past, and he wasn't good at it then. That's why the Pens traded him, and that's why the Wild waived him.

That means that Moore is getting pushed to the 4th line on any playoff team where he is getting limited minutes and limited linemates. No more easy points. Instantly your "50-point" center becomes a "15-point" center. And at that point, most teams rather have some developing young player in the 4th line center role than a journeyman who really isn't that good at defense.

Trust me. Moore should stay on Toronto. He can get big minutes, better linemates, and PP time that way. He can put up some points that way. And he can make posters think they can get more than a 3rd rounder for him that way.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote