Thread: Proposal: Leafs - Caps/Coyotes
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
C-A-P-S

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
While your criticism for the proposal is most certainly warranted, your criticism is not. Even on a team in which he is considered to be the #1 guy he's still putting up rather impressive numbers with no supporting cast. Put him with some true top 6 forwards and his game will step it up even more.
And by step it up even more you mean breaking the 50 points or 20 goals barrier for only the 2nd time in his 9 year career.

I'm sorry, but the criticism of this guy is warranted relative to what people from TO seek to get in return. The original proposal had Alzner and Osala going to TO for him then it was reduced to Osala who is true power forward goal scoring RW, only 22 and is on pace for 40 goals in his first year in the AHL.

Face it this guy is not a stud. He a 9 year vet, who is defensively responsible and get net you around 35-40 points a year conssitently. He has no upside.

Hence, when I think of his trade value I think a late 2nd rounder is appropriate.

Maybe a better way of responding is to ask you this? Would you trade a Luke Schenn or Justin Pogge for him? I don't think so.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote