View Single Post
Old
08-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
It's pretty bad. Considering the state of the NHL this is not a three million dollar player and with teams not signing unrestricted players it looks like Dolan/Sather blinked first or Jagr wanted this.

Also looks like he had to be overpaid and given extra years to come when at best he could have been signed for one year with a team option for a second year. At age 32 or 33 when the next season is played that is not a good signing considering his injury history.

One upside is he can play left wing.
Looking at what he was paid last year, the NH:L salaries before this year and even the signing so far this summer in the shadow of the CBA cluster****, I don't think it's bad at all. Agree to disagree. And I couldn't give a crap if Dolan blinked or Jagr wanted it because Nylander brings the exact ability we need for OUR 1st line C..

And you're getting this "he could have been signed for one year" from where exactly...I haven't seen to many one year contracts for players of his ilk this summer and any summer...

And I too am a little worried about his injury history but let's be real, before last year he played three full years in a row and not playing less than 80 games.....That's shows some durability