Old
01-31-2009, 11:19 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I think YOU are confused my friend, possibly about the definition of "franchise center". When you have a center that plays more PK minutes than most of the defenseman on his team (all of the defensemen last night), one of the biggest players in the league at 20 years old, and he's popped 30 goals at an age when other potential franchise centers would struggle to get 30 points, or even play in the NHL at all....I dunno man, do you play hockey? Do you realise what he can already do and what he has not even scratched the surface of? Do you know why he went #2 overall?
I agree, players that don't immediately score 80 points out of the draft are constantly criticized. Staal is not only shut down and be-littled by the presence of Crosby and Malkin but I don't think hes on good terms with Therrien either.

Jordan Staal I feel is being mis-used. He is treated as a Grinder but I believe he is more of a Powerforward/Sniper. And he is definitely a Franchise #1 Center. His team is stacked with Franchise Forwards that his presence is dismissed and is being overshadowed by the Production of Malkin and Crosby.

If Staal came here it would be a different ball game, and he would do pretty well, not sure how is passing is though.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote