View Single Post
Old
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
He's been doing it all year man, All year long. If Gainey was smart he'd move Kovalev this so called "great talent" He doesn't even use his linemates, everytime he has the puck you know it's going to be an individual play IF he has it in the neutral zone. If he's past the red line with the puck all on his own he will try to go against 3-4 guys

Also for someone so big and strong he's pretty bad at digging the puck out of the corners...

If only Kovalev had the drive of an Gorges or Bouillon... imagine!

Kovalev is a glorified Sergei Berezin...

I don't hate Kovalev, I just want the preferential treatment towards him to stop, the man is overrated like it is nobodies business, much like Souray was when he was here, people forgetting The General is the one who pulls the strings again. Kovalev would do well to play with more intensity otherwise I don't really see how he's a good influence on the kids. If anything he's a bad influence on Sergei, who's stuck between playing like Koivu and Samsonov

He needs to take a long look in the mirror and step up. We need everyone going.
I have my hopes for him, he always shows up in the playoffs regardless of the regular season he's had. Remember when they first got him? 3 points in 12 games (one empty netter) but then 10 points in 11 playoff games.

Though we can say he's playing alright. This is not the Kovalev of last year but it's certainly not the Kovalev of two years ago. He's not costing the Habs any games and he's still chipping in.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote