View Single Post
Old
02-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Q038

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
Can anyone recommend good drills to help me improve my speed during backward skating? I am also looking for drills that will help me perfect my backwards cross-overs. One player recommended practicing big C-cuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
Can anyone recommend good drills to help me improve my speed during backward skating? I am also looking for drills that will help me perfect my backwards cross-overs. One player recommended practicing big C-cuts.
figure 8's helps for both sides equally build endurance and repetitive muscle training.

Forwards to Backwards and visa versa Transition can't be over looked
6/12 drill: skate around the circles, but always face towards the same end of the arena (make sure to skate both directions equally around circles) tighten the circle as your skill increases.

Pulling a partner with a stick backwards to increase strength and balance..

Work equally on backward skating with no cross overs as well.. hip shifting while keeping your legs apart (the faster and better latteral movement you get at that, the far less you will be beat one on one, since a good forward will always try ot take advantage of a ill timed cross over)

stops and starts backwards over and over and over till you can go from a stand still to top speed as fast as you could do it forward..

im sure im missing something, but i think i covered the basics

Q038 is offline   Reply With Quote