View Single Post
Old
02-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Heard from a great source this will be Al montoya last season in Hockey. He is extremely disheartened how his career has unfolded and doesn't have the heart to stay in the AHL. To bad I loved him in college and we was a great young man the few times I met him. Hope he changes his mind
I really wondered about him and how far he had fallen this year. My speculation sounds a lot like what you're saying; that he was disappointed that he wasn't getting any legitimate shots at making the NHL and it was affecting his play. I guess you can say that shows he doesn't have the mental toughness to buckle down and work harder and earn a chance when something happens, but he did end up in some pretty crappy situations. Behind Lundqvist, and then traded only to be behind Bryz in Phoenix.

I wish he could have kept it together and kept working and made it somewhere, but if he feels like his heart isn't in it anymore, then yeah, he probably should stop playing.

Tough, cuz the guy does have talent, but I guess not everyone gets the same opportunities or has the patience and willpower to wait it out until he does.