View Single Post
Old
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I would take a page out of Lou's book to fix the mess.

I'd get rid of one of the high contracts by trading Redden (if possible) as a first choice, and Drury (if you cant get rid of Redden) as a second choice.

It's likely no one will want them due to their contracts, so you can only trade them to a team with a lot of cap room, and you'll need a carrot too in the form of draft picks. You "trade" Redden and a 1st and 2nd round draft pick to someone for a 4th, 5th, and 6th round pick in return. Some nonsense like that. Technically, everyone will know you're basically "paying" someone else to take a contract, but it's entirely legal.

Then? FIRE SATHER How that guy still has a job, I'll never know. Losing Shanahan to a division rival for the "massive" sum of $383,000 would be the last straw in a HAYSTACK of straws if I ran the Rangers.

EDIT: Also, if the salary cap does shrink $2M next year, it gets harder and I think you'd probably have to find a home for both Redden and Drury at that point.
We crucified Lou for his inept cap managment, buut you make some good points.

If dishing a pricey contract costs the rangers a 1st round pick, Sather should resign