View Single Post
Old
02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I just hope that the Rangers don't make another Marc Savard-esc trade. I still can't get over how bad that trade was.

We got Hlavac, Lundmark and Johan Asplund out of it. Hlavac then was traded at some point as part of the Lindros deal then resigned in the future before leaving again. Lundmark for Jeff Taffe who left through FA. Asplund never played in the NHL.

Disaster. I can see trading a guy like Zherdev, Dubinsky, or maybe Callahan, Dawes, or Prucha turning out like that.
No need to worry about Zherdev. We already have seen what he is capable of. Sather traded for something he thought he could get out of NZ, and it looks like he got it. Callahan and Prucha don't have the raw skill that Savvy had.

Really, Dubi is the only one that worries me. He's got a package that seems to need time to develop.

Dawes may turn out to be a nasty sniper, like a sniper version of Savard in the way that he can be so good at shooting like Marc is passing, but its not something I would get mad at Sather for if he did indeed cut him loose. Right now, he has not shown the consistency or effort.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote