View Single Post
Old
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Looks like AA and Sang will make the Rangers at some point next year, Korps is already with the team, and then it will be real quiet on the prospect front for several years.

Maybe DZ will make it in 2-3 years. Maybe Grachev or Stepan, but I am not as high as some people on them. They weren't a first round picks and haven't done anything since to prove that they are that much better than they were last year. They are certainly not blue-chippers.

Once AA and Sang are gone, our prospect corps will be as bad as they were when the only thing we had to look forward to was Tyutin plus a few 2-3 rounders who were hugely overestimated.
I have NO idea what you're talking about. Grachev is tearing up the OHL - to the extent that recently he's been outperforming teammates Cody Hodgson (#10 overall to Vancouver last year) and Matt Duschene (projected top 5 in a very deep draft this coming year). As a ROOKIE. See for yourself - look him up on youtube and you'll find some very dominating clips. As for Stepan, he's stepped into an excellent hockey program at Wisconsin (the same coach/school that has produced a plethora of NHL talent, including most recently Kyle Turris) and has been one of, if not THE, key factors in reversing that team's prospects from unranked afterthought to top 20 in the nation... as a FRESHMAN. These are solid, top-tier prospects. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw both in a blueshirt during your stated timeframe of 2-3 years. Heck, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Grachev NEXT year. I also think you're giving very short shrift to Kundratek and Doyle, who I believe have solid second tier talent written all over them.

(Sorry for the vociferousness - I feel very strongly about the Rangers' 2008 draft.)

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote