View Single Post
Old
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Papa_Bear_21

vCash: 500
Wow, I'm glad that most of you aren't the GM of the Montreal Canadiens. Pleckanec is no better than a 3rd line center, Sergei is no better than a third line player...
I respect your opinions, but I definitely do not agree with it.

Both players are having a bad season, that I agree with, but I would have loved to get your assessment of the two last season when they were ripping it up. I'm sure it would have been very different.

Kovalev, on the other hand, has been a piranha the entire season for anyone who has played on his line. Isn't it Kovy that's supposed to be the star? Why is it Pleckanec that has to bring him up?
Both Pleckanec and Andrei K have played better when they've been away from Kovy this season. I think most people who have watched the games objectively can agree with that. I can understand that he may have lost a step over last year but he is not moving his feet and not getting involved physically AT ALL.
Everyone is talking about Pleckanec's lack of physical involvement, yet when was the last time Kovalev laid someone out or initiated a physical battle in the corner? And this despite being built like an ox.

IMO, if our team is a little soft it's because the most talented player (and one of the biggest) has been playing many games this year as if they were all-star games. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's human nature for the younger guys that look up to him (e.g., the Kost bros and Plecks) to play a similar style.

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote