View Single Post
Old
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Now that Ottawa is really going into the tanking mode, do you think we could make some kind of a deal with them ?

I would like to see this one

Vermette & Volchenkov

FOR

Plekanec, O'byrne, AND Chipchura (or another youngster or a pick) OR Halak

Vermette and Pleks are the same age and have about the same career stats. Vermette always dreamed to play for the Habs. He is super fast, good defensively and good at face-offs.

Volchenkov plays RD and is very physical, blocks lots of shots too.
The way I see this, is Plekanec vs Volchenkov, then Vermette vs O'Byrne & Chipchura...

IMO Plekanec is better offensively, has more skill than Vermette, but I don't know if Vermette is perimeter... a bit of a downgrade, but media would go crazy

The best player in the deal is Volchenkov, and I just imagine our Top 4 with him... wow

So, we trade Plekanec, who's underachieving this year, and O'Byrne, young, cheap, huge but rookie mistakes and probably not a huge ceiling, and Chipchura, who could become something decent, if he ever get the speed of the game (that would suck though, cause I actually like him...) for Vermette, who never really reached his potential but is still decent offensively and good defensively and super fast, and Volchenkov... injury prone, but with the kind of game he plays, it's normal...

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Volchenkov

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote