View Single Post
Old
08-11-2004, 10:24 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I know i agree to disagree with a few members, but I just can't get excited for a 31 going on 32 year old center who is injury prone and has only been a top line center by default on some pretty bad teams.

A three year deal means he'll be playing when he is 35. Can anyone honestly tell me they expect him to be durable for that long at this point?

As for the salary, maybe in the past it wasn't that high but this team now has 23 million dollars locked in to like 3 or 4 players. Not a good way to start out under a potential new labor agreement.
He had injury problems the last two seasons, right? Not everyone is an Eric Lindros or a Pavel Bure. Plus, I'm getting SO sick of the collective knock on 30+ players... we don't have much success with older players in NY, but Nylander is not a primma donna. And 32 is not really that old. That's Jagr's age, should we not have gotten him for the sake of keeping Anson Carter?

Why can't he last till 35? I see no reason... I think he can put around 65 points with Jagr. Give him a chance!