View Single Post
Old
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
It is a bit discouraging during times like these but then I think of the Laflammes, the Dagenais and the Traverses and it makes me smile and appreciate that we have a GM that at least knows what he's doing. As long as the people who run the team know what they're doing, I'm happy.

If the Habs skimp and go out and hire inexperienced GMs (Houle), coaches (Tremblay) and staff, then I have a serious issue with that. Luck has a lot to do with winning and losing games, I can't blame the Habs for Lang's injury or Kovalev hitting the post. But when ownership doesn't even try to win by hiring idiots to run the team, or just wants to make 8th place to make money (like the Leafs), then I have a serious problem as a paying customer.

We legitimately saw the Habs trying very hard to win a cup for their 100th year anniversary. We went after Sundin, traded for Tanguay, Lang, signed Laraque... The effort is there but you can't buy a Stanley Cup in the NHL like in certain other sports.

The Habs are my team and I will always support them as long as they show that they want to win, not just ripping off their die hard fans.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote