View Single Post
Old
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Couple of thoughts as the horn sounds on a win:
1) Really like the way Jones is playing now. The polish will come, I think, in time. He plays well on the boards, pursues the puck, and plays with desperation.
2) Hard to believe today that anyone ever thought VK was better than Klein. KK is still a work in progress, but he makes a couple of really good plays every game it seems and is limiting his 'rookie' mistakes much better now. Very strong on his skates, does not take himself out of the play, etc.
3) Right now with the way he is playing and the team plays in front of him, if you can put up 3 goals for Pekka Rinne you have a good chance of getting points.
4) Can we bury the 'Sully saved the powerplay' storyline now? It is still pretty awful, and one bad tendancy Sully seems to encourage is getting too fancy with passes when you have a high percentage shot to take. Throw it at the net in a quick wrister with at least one guy screening and another charging at the net on an angle for a rebound. Come on, if I can see it and I never laced a skate of my own, surely the pros can get it!

Still not where I had hoped this team would be at this stage, but getting better. Choppy play especially in the late 2nd and 3rd. But denying PHX a point and taking them both is good.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote