Thread: John Tortorella
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2009, 11:03 AM
UAlbanySniper27

vCash: 500
I have been a long time reader here on hfboards but have not had much to say or opted not to put in my opinions, however, this is 1 topic that i cannot stay away from. Tom Renney a good coach as he is is not the right fit for this team. His style and demeanor is not what NY needs right now. His system although efficient for some levels of hockey and some teams does not belong on the garden ice. His def. system does nothing but stifle the creativity of our players.
1. Scott Gomez: who put up numbers like 70 and 84 pts with the devils consistently seems to be having a hard time to even reach 60 pts this yr. With the devils he played with the likes of elias and gionta in NY he plays with Jagr,drury,naslund,zherdev.
2. Chris Drury: a player who has avergaed over 60 pts. a season over his career has yet to reach that mark with the rangers. just like gomez he played with similar players in buffalo and colorado just a diff. SYSTEM.
3. Nikolai Zherdev: a young winger who is on pace to score same amt of points he did last yr with colombus. EXCEPT this yr he is surrounded by a much improved cast.

Not to mention all these players who came over to play in ny wanted to do so and are loving there time here. Drury and Gomez have wanted to wear the true blue colors since they were little kids. Whoever says they are not motivated to play here knows nothing about hockey. Their dreams have come true to play here, yet ttheir numbers have dropped....Coincidence i think not......maybe renney should let them off his leash and see what these boys can do, or get a coach in here that will play a more up tempo pace......remember it was only 4 months ago when the rangers played an uptempo stylle and started the season off on a 10-2-1 run.

UAlbanySniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote