Thread: John Tortorella
View Single Post
Old
02-04-2009, 03:53 PM
UAlbanySniper27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Come on man, you're just making stuff up. Elias never even played on the same line as Gomez until after the lockout; his best years came when he played with Arnott and Sykora. For most of the remaining years that they were in Jersey together, Elias was the first line center and Gomez centered the second line.

And that second paragraph just doesn't make any sense at all. Drury was so good that he took up the entire top two lines? You realize a line consists of three players -- two wings and a center -- right? Not to mention that while Drury was scoring a career high 69 points, Vanek put up 84. Some lowly third liner.

I'll join in the discussion again once you put forth some worthwhile (aka true) information.
i dunno last time i checked the power line and #1 line in NJ was centered by gomez and he was flanked by gionta and guess who elias

i never said drury was so good he took up 2 lines.....and man i thought there were only 2 forwards not three u got me!!!!! all i said was that the talent n leadership drury provided in buffalo allowed him n briere to have career years and also spread out throughout the whole team down to the 3rd line, which is pretty impressive, i dunno about you but i dont recall a time when a 3rd liner scored over 80 pts????

UAlbanySniper27 is offline   Reply With Quote