View Single Post
Old
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
3 games over .500 since october... is that plan really working?

The fact that they have to play close games... even against terrible teams like Atlanta is wearing them down. The Boston and Atlanta game are almost carbon copies yet they are 2 drastically different teams. Sure, they got them to play their game but what was the result? Youll die by that sword just as much as live.

I never said you had to relinquish the defensive system to be better. Thats the most common misconception when I always talk about Renneys system. Look at them. Look at them closely when they play, they play worried and tentative. They are INDECISIVE. Look at the Devils (i hate to compare, but its so true) - they dont have an insane lineup... hey most of us predicted them to finish 4th going into the year and that was WITH Brodeur. Sutter has them playing to WIN every night, thats why they play with decisiveness and quickness. Its not always about x's and o's. Sutter pulls a goalie with 6 minutes left in the game... thats balls! he wants to win! The team responds....

Listen, of course Renney is doing everything he can to win, and im sure the players respect him (maybe too much which is part of the problem) But he isnt doing enough on all levels, especially the area i am talking about thjat to most people is an unseen and almost always overlooked trait.
I'll take your argument. Very well done your right, an attitude and a system will make or break a team. But I think, and here we'll have to agree to disagree, that the defensive system does more good than a run n gun system would. That run n gun would kill Lundqvist. We don't have the defense to protect him nightly in a game like that hence the capitals example.

As for the Devils. The success of the team falls heavily on the coach, as well as the captain of that team.

In their 8 game winning streak Langenbrunner's numbers were: 6 goals, 5 assists, 11 points. He had points in every win but 2. Not to mention currently sitting at a streak of goals in his last four straight (7). God did I hate that.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote