View Single Post
Old
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Some of you are saying Laraque sucks, some are saying Henry sucks.

The real answer here is you need both of them. I'm not saying keep Henry and Laraque but a team needs an enforcer for the Brashears and a small enforcer for the Tuckers. The little guys will never fight Laraque and I certainly don't blame them.

Look at the Leafs. Schenn constantly fights because the little guys won't fight May. Previously that role was Tucker's but now that he's gone, nobody else will take care of the little guys so Schenn has to get out there and risk injury all the time. We don't really need Henry, Laraque will fight the heavyweights and Begin and Kosto will take care of the little feisty guys.

The effectiveness of guys like Laraque is mostly mental. Imagine if you're on the opposing team, you think to yourself...this Koivu guy is doing well, why don't I cheapshot him and help our chances of winning. Laraque will then go out and of course the guy won't fight him so Laraque will turn to their enforcer (lets say Thornton). That enforcer won't be too happy with his teamate after he gets pummelled and made a fool of at the hands of Laraque. This is how guys like Laraque intimidates, he doesn't need to drop the glove all the time, his presence alone will make the other team think twice before they decide to pull something stupid.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote