View Single Post
Old
08-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
this team does have a shot at Crosby, after reading posters' ideas of line combos. Some thoughts...if there is a season...Helminen will be in the AHL. Hollweg will be, at best, in the AHL. Reasoning? Hollweg had an OK year points-wise in the WHL while turning 21 and playing against teen agers. It was his first season back from a serious injury, so give him credit for putting forth such an effort, but he still has a ways to go before making it to the NHL. Helminen...just a guess, but he's still young, coming out of college just a bit early, and could use some time to get used to the game and work on the offensive side of his game a bit, while improving defensively against tougher competition.
I disagree on the shot at Crosby especially after Sather signs (or trades) for another top 6 forward and defensive D-man, which I think he will...I also disagree on Hollweg...Before his injury, IMO, he was a better player then Murray and showed that in his stint with Hartford that he wasn't out of place at all..last year for Hollweg was all about showing he was healthy and working off the rust..He did that and scored almost 60 points while being the leader and captain of a team that went to the Memorial Cup finals...I think, at the least, he will be in Hartford.......I agree that Helminen should start in Hartford, but if no more C's are signed he as a decent chance against the so far unproductive Lundmark, the always hurt Betts, and Moore...