View Single Post
Old
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
at pick-up last night I had one of the better offensive sessions I've ever had. Keep in mind this is through a college, while the playing levels and types vary there is a lot of good talent there. We only had one goalie. Me, I'm usually the type of guy who grinds it out and even in pick-up just scores ugly goals when I do score. I had a nice goal where I caught a long pass from the defenseman around the blue-line, was one on one with the defenseman, deked to my backhand and skated around him protecting the puck, got the goalie to commit to a backhand shot, then went forehand as I skated back in and went 5-hole. I got a breakaway a little while later, and I'm usually horrible on breakaways. I caught the pass, which was a real hard one(I usually suck at catching passes, it's something I've worked on) and I took a good angle, deked once and went high stick side and beat the goalie. I had two garbage goals in front where i got the pass and the goalie was moving across and went 5-hole. Then there was a nice goal I had going the other way shooting for posts, I went to my backhand and lifted it, hit the post. It felt good to have that kind of night, being someone that doesn't score especially not anything that looks pretty. One of the regulars is from ontario and he said to me "jeez man, it almost looks like you know what you're doing out there tonight" haha

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote