View Single Post
Old
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
Well, without going into a lot of detail, which I could. Here's a great drill to use to help with backwards cross overs.

Place two hand on the cross bar of the net and pull the net backwards. By doing this, you will have more stability by pulling the net and two, be aggressive. Shift the net from side to side as you do these crossover. Do two or three crossover one way and then two or three crossovers the other way, each time shifting the net for balance.

Once you can get that balance down, then try it without the net.
this is a great drill. it really lets you get the feel for what you are suppose to be doing with out teh fear of falling down. even if you arent afraid of falling i still think its just natural to not want to fall down and skate improperly but still maintain your balance enough to not fall, thats why with the net you dont have to worry about going back to your old habbits.

when i did it i had an awesome (but pricey) instructor and he would help be balance by me holding one end of his stick and mine and him holdin the other and he would direct me and i would have to cross over. i was flying and with time it became more comfortable to do it and not feel like it was some thing out of the ordinary and became natural

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote