View Single Post
Old
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
drewcon40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
because Sather will never allow the team to get the high draft picks it needs to get the players it needs.

It's going to be year after year of this.
Stinger, how does Sather or any other GM dictate draft position? I find it difficult to think Don Waddell from Atlanta or Garth Snow put out an edict to their team to lose. Unless we hire Rachel Phelps from Major League. I'll take Sather over a GM who tells his team to lose. I am sure Jim Dolan enjoys the playoff game revenue he gets even if he gets only 2 games.

Sting, I do agree with you on many of your points. Like Rags has said, we have come to grips with our situation. I don't think a coaching change is going to help this team. Ted Nolan and Laviolette would be interesting but it is still the same team. Everyone always longs for Mike Keenan. Does anyone think this squad would be different under Keenan? Personally, I look at his time in Florida. He did nothing with that squad. We still lack a number one center, a top scoring winger (Zherdev is not right now), and a number one Defenseman (Staal will be but not yet, I am speaking of the present). What coach is going to come in here and all of a sudden make this team an offensive juggernaut? Most of these players are on pace for their normal output.

If anyone goes to TSN and looks at the "On Pace" statistics and compare them to their historical stats, they aren't too far apart.

I actually think Gomez can be moved. Maybe even Redden. However, we are going to have throw in a high draft pick. Lammorello traded Malakhov with a conditional 1st rounder. We have to deal with our cap space. It's time to get creative. You never know when an injury presents itself. The Caps just lost Brent Johnson for 8 weeks. That doesn't make us a match but a playoff bound team loses a D and is looking for an experienced defenseman , a second rounder and Redden? I hate the fact that we have to give up draft picks but some of the trade proposals I have read are a bit unrealistic. Teams know they would be doing us a favor removing Gomez's or Redden's salary. WE have to reward the team that is willing to take on the salary.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote