Thread: Trade Proposal
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2009, 04:50 AM
trademasterb*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The LA Kings have the best crop of young defensemen in the league.

They have had somethng like 4 top 20 picks as dmen in the last 3 years. Because of this, there is no way they would need Sanguinetti

Teubert, Doughty, Hickey, and Johnson. Where does Bobby fit into that?
I totally disagree. Teubert was drafted in 2008. He's proved nothing. He's still raw prospect. Hickey to me is starting to go the way of being a bust. He's now in his fourth year of the WHL and he's not getting better. I wonder if Kings fans realize that. It was extremely stupid of the Kings to take Hickey with the 4th overall pick. The fact they passed up Voracek is beyond moronic. As far as Johnson goes. What has he done? Answer. Nothing. He's been somewhat of a bust as well though I think in the long run he'll be pretty good.

As far as the Rangers go. They would not do this deal and I guarantee that. The emergence of Grachev would stop the Rangers from doing a deal like this. In case you haven't been watching, the PP is a disgrace as are the pointmen who play this. The number one need the Rangers have is adding a offensive defenseman who can play the point on the PP, shoot and actually get the puck through. Also, remember that the Pack are a pathetic offensive team this year. The fact that Sanguinetti has 26 points in his first AHL season despite that is pretty impressive.

Yes the Rangers need to add a scorer. No way they give up a PP QB in Sanguinetti who will be cheap for years in order to do that. Not a chance. Of the four defenseman mentioned above, Doughty is the kid who looks like the real deal. I've never watched Johnson and thought he was going to be a force. I'm almost at the point now where I don't even consider Hickey a prospect. When you don't dominate the WHL in your fourth year, you're not very good.

Last edited by trademasterb*: 02-06-2009 at 04:56 AM.
trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote