Old
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
You've gotta be kidding dude. Name one playoff goalie from last year (hell, I'll even let you go back to the start of the decade) who has played like they did in the regular season as they did in the playoffs (and I mean played out-of-their-mind good), let alone the NEXT regular season following those playoffs.
I think the point he was making is that when we do have deep playoff runs its simply an average goalie getting hot. We always have had high expectations but the one question mark for a loooong time has been goalies. We either win in the playoffs because an average goalie has the run of a lifetime(biron and boucher) or an average goalie cant hack it and we lose.

I personally like the odds of a good goalie getting hot over an average goalie getting hot. The way I see it, we've only had about 3 good runs in the plast 15 years while we have been towards the top of the east the whole time, if we had good goaltending that whole time we would have most likely had 5-6 good runs and a cup by now.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote