View Single Post
Old
08-13-2004, 11:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
You pretty much hit the nail on the head there. It's not next year i am worried about.

Say this team gets a VERY good young center in next year's draft {insert name here}.

And say this kid has all the talent in the world to make the squad, you've now already got two center spots LOCKED. I don't mind having Nylander but I have big problem with him being signed for the years and the money he is making. Mark my words, this move will haunt the Rangers. That is the biggest problem with having a Jagr on the team. Now you HAVE to sign players for HIM not for YOU.
Think the Garden will have any problem eating a contract to get a player off the team.It's $3 million and you are acting like it's $10 million.The Jaromir Jagr move is the move which will haunt this franchise.If there is a luxury tax system,the Rangers are going to pay the tax.The Knicks have a $100 million payroll and will pay $40-50 million more in tax.The NBA is dollar for dollar over the threshold.The Jagr $$$ is not even $11 million per.Under the MLB CBA,the Yankees are only being charged for the portion they are paying Alex Rodriguez instead his entire salary with the rest being paid by Texas.The Rangers just take the money from the Capitals and use it towards the luxury tax.It's not going to be hard cap.How can there be a hard cap with guaranteed salaries?The NHLPA is NOT going to accept a hard cap plus non-guaranteed contracts.It's not going to fly

Last edited by RangerBoy: 08-13-2004 at 11:12 AM.