View Single Post
Old
08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
disles1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value
Personally I think Aucoin is overhyped by most Isles fans and Hamrlik is underrated. I'd rather keep Hamrlik for 3.5 a season for sesveral years and let Aucoin walk. Chances are Aucoin is going to walk anyway as he's never once stated that he wants to stay here. Hamrlik has basically pleaded to his agent to get a long-term deal done. I see Aucoin getting similar money next year as he received in arbitration and the Isles will balk if they have Hamrlik and Niinimaa under contract for three year deals.

Lost in all of this is the Isles most important D-man is up for a contract next year. If I have a choice of letting Aucoin walk and keeping Kenny Jonsson and pairing him with Niinimaa (I would love that combination) or Hamrlik (allowing Roman to play like he did 3 years ago) I'd drive AA to the airport.
Well I'll take Aucoin everyday of the week over Hammer---not even close IMO. The difference in salaries between the two is small, let's lock AA up long term. Again alot of people are assuming that just because AA has not come out and said he would like to be here long term, that it is foregone conclusion that this will be his last yr on the island. Did Janne come out and say he wants to be here long term?? People thought he was unhappy here and that was why he was playing poorly and then lo and behold Janne signs a 3 yr long term contract. Janne and Hammer play a similar game but Janne (like AA) play with heart. Hammer has more talent but IF we have to trade one of our top 4---Hammer is the one that should go.