View Single Post
Old
02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Him and Kovalev are costing us games right now... Price has been brutal since he came back from the injury...

I'd start Halak tonight, I'm tired of his lazy game-breaker goals allowed...

So far, he's in the middle of the pack in terms of goalie, he's far from that franchise goalie everyone talks about, but he's young and still can become one... but for the last month... just awfull...
God, I love it when people parrot CBC/TSN commentators as original thought.

Kovalev isn't playing well, granted, but he's not costing us games either. He isn't nearly as bad as some press are going on about. McGuire last night, freaking out, trying to make it seem like Kovalev was benched during a key powerplay. First, he was on the ice when the penalty was called, thus clearly he would be second wave. Second, when D'Ago was late coming off, he tried to spin it like he still wasn't out until the guy skated by him.

It's all hype. They've got a story, they're pointing out every little thing to make it seem like he is a problem.

Last night, his penalties were bad, but they didn't cost the game. Ryan Miller, inconsistent effort, a mediocre night from many key players, and a Komisarek brain cramp cost us the game.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote