View Single Post
Old
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Saved

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
CCM stick with a Thornton curve would do, but I wouldn't use that curve. As a beginner you should be on something much less extreme so you learn the correct technique and don't use the curve as a crutch.

As for what companies make the best composites, it depends on how much you're willing to spend. And you should never use one on anything but ice anyway.
I stopped reading at beginner. I'm not lol. I'm just not used to using a stick that keeps the puck high with little effort.. I usually use the Mission Hossa type curves on my stick, and it's nearly non existant. It takes more effort and skill to pick corners with it, and that's why I like it. I bought the Thornton as a secondary stick as I broke my last secondary. I like the way the puck reacts on whip shots/wrist shots, so I'm thinking of using it as my main stick if I can get a nice OPS. Already found one online.

You can't tell me you've never skated out on the ice with a new stick and wired a few shots too high before you got the hang of the curve

Saved is online now   Reply With Quote