View Single Post
Old
02-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
price plays like crap ; people say that the team played bad in front of him. Obviously not saying that price isn't better than Halak , but I think halak never really had the respect he should have had form the fanbase, the media and the organization.
Price was a 1st rounder....Halak a 9th rounder. Price was suppose to be all that, nobody expected Halak to be even what he was. And you still don't understand? Like I was saying in other threads, and even if some people disagree which I totally respect, chances are you'll put a lot more effort in first rounders 'cause they're the ones that have more chances in changing the face of your franchise. Then comes the "exceptions" la Halak who you follow but not as closely until he prooves that he finally is worth it.

Amongst everybody, especially on these boards, there is a lot of talk about how the Habs should've picked instead of Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Fischer and even Price....see the trend? I didn't see a whole lot of threads about picks we should've made instead of Johnson, Kishel, Dulac-Lemelin or Viktor Ujcik.....

With Price, it NEEDS to work. We're screwed if it doesn't. With Halak, well if it's not him it's Denis, it's Desjardins, it's Lacasse, it's Missiaen, it's a trade, it's a UFA, it's whoever is able to take a 2nd spot in the NHL 'cause nobody will make me believe that Halak is a #1 starter material. Not a big guy and can't control his rebounds on top of that if his life depended on it. Only thing that works for him is how fast and athletic he could be. But that won't work as a starter. But Price? I mean it's pretty obvious that he could have whatever is necessary in a great goalie. But clearly his mental toughness is not where it was suppose to be and how it was sold to us. So sure, there are double standards 'cause you do whatever you have to do to make it work. 'Cause again....it has to work....We do not have at this time a Steve Mason ready to take his place.....unless we draft an Olivier Roy this year or a Maxime Clermont next year amongst other goalies to be ready in case it doesn't work out.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote