View Single Post
Old
02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
The only players in the league I would trade Markov for are Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby. Thats it. The guy is a complete stud.
I'm glad you aren't the GM.

Did you not witness enough of Markov's "disappearing act" last year in the playoffs? In fact, if you look at all his playoff numbers, you will see a dramatic drop in production in terms of PPG average from the regular season to post-season.

I found it too convenient last year that an injury was disclosed the day after the Flyers eliminated the Habs from the playoffs......... yet Markov was on a plane to play for Russia at the Worlds.

When will Habs fans finally admit this guy is not a gamer?

He puts up pretty numbers in the regular season. He is a solid defender. But when the going gets tough he is INVISIBLE. His playoff stats do not lie. He hasn't exactly been the almighty "powerplay quarterback" this year, and as of late has been making bad on-ice decisions with errant passes and bad pinches.

There is no doubt Markov is talented - but a post-season warrior he is not. The Habs need a game-changer on their roster. NO PLAYER ON THE CURRENT ROSTER EVOKES FEAR INTO THE OPPOSITION. We need a star forward, and added toughness in our defense corps.

Markov may be the piece that can get some of the team deficiencies filled via trade. He needs to be traded now while other teams still covet him. He has a relatively affordable contract, is healthy, and is again putting up solid regular season numbers. I hope the cat is not let out of the bag and other teams find out that he becomes very insignificant come April and beyond.................

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote