View Single Post
Old
02-09-2009, 12:30 AM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Markov wasn't the only Houdini on our team last Playoffs, so you can't pin it on him, he was probably in so much shock from the idea of being in the 2nd round, because it had been so long.
I'm not pinning anything, and I agree with you, but a lot of Habs fans believe Markov to be the second coming of Bobby Orr. Many believe we cannot win a game without him in the lineup, or that he is some kind of godsend for the way he plays. He is talented, but by no means untouchable.

I prefer to see Komisarek here for the long haul over Markov anyday - because you know Komisarek cares, and will go through a wall to win. He will be the next captain of this team.

We will never get a bigger return for Markov in a trade than we can right now. It is time. Especially looking to next year and all the RFA/UFA situations we have. Start identifying your core now, and go out and get the guys whom you believe will provide for a consistent winner in Montreal.

The assets are all there to be strong players in acquiring elite talent: We have some cap space (especially due to Lang's injury), great prospects, solid potential in young players in their 2nd-4th years, ample youth contributing right now, desirable veterans, and an abundance of depth at the 3rd and 4th lines.

Mr. Gainey needs to cash in now.

prairie hab is offline   Reply With Quote