View Single Post
Old
02-09-2009, 06:33 AM
saints96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I think its pretty obvious that the A.Kost Pleks Kovy line doesnt work and will never work again.. Last year they were dominant, this year they hurt the team everytime they touch the ice.. Carbo has to try new lines, something has to be done right now to shake this team.. So, what are your suggestions short term, being realistic?Any call up from Hamilton?

Personally Im not a big fan of Begin centering the fourth line, while its probably not the biggest concern at the moment, I think calling Chipchura up could help to stabilize the team a little bit.. Chipchura played his junior in the West and surprise surprise, we play 3 of our next 4 games in that area.. I think it could be the good moment to call him up..

I would call Weber up too and give him a real shot on the PP since no one in the team is able to take effective shots from the point.. We tried A.Kost there, Kovalev, S.Kost, Tanguay, Dags a little bit, no success.. Markov can pass the puck like no one but just cant be the one to rely on the hit the net.. Some guys need some rest anyway, guys like Gorges, OByrne, Bouillon can rest for some games, it will be beneficial for everyone..

I would sit S.Kost again, his play in the last 2 games has been brutal to say the least, he is doing a decent job on the PK but overall he is playing pretty bad, doesnt look mature enough physically to be effective..

So my line-up would look something like this:

A.Kost Koivu Dags

Higgins Plekanec Paccioretty

Kostopoulos Lapierre Kovalev

Begin Chipchura Dandeneault
extra: S.Kost

Markov Komi

Hamrlik OByrne

Bouillon\Gorges Weber

In net well, Price could save his last few games by winning in the West, where he played his junior there as well..
if you are even considering suggesting dandy back in the lineup as a foward, ur crazy!! hes a big zero as a foward!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote