Thread: Mike Zigomanis
View Single Post
Old
08-14-2004, 01:59 PM
moglesby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
i disagree with my canes brethren. he was never given a chance at the nhl level. i know his stats say he has played a bunch of games - but he has never played more than 5 minutes in any nhl game save one or two 2 seasons ago. he had poor linemates as well. im not saying he will be star, but a solid 2/3 center is hardly out of the question. he has scored well at every level till now, and he hasnt had a good shot yet. the canes (lowest scoring team these last few years) have no business giving up on this kid, and the rags would do well for jumpimg on him. matt cullen just got zigo's spot - but im certain zigo has potential to at least be equal to cullen, i think he will easily surpass him.
I agree totally. Another reason the 'canes didn't need to sign Cullen. I would love to see Zigomanis stay in Caro and get a real chance but if he is avaliable, I would advise NYR to take him. I've seen him play in the NHL (the few times he did play) and he looked very decent even if he doesn't have the numbers to prove it.